Saturday, November 13, 2010

New Space Pilot!

Okay, I'm a nerd, I like cool toys.

I just got a Space Pilot Pro from 3D Connexion. It's a fun little puck input device that lets you fly around in Maya or Max, what ever. (all but Modo, so you Luxology guys better add 3d connexion into your sauce, I'm waiting!)

The little LCD display is actually not that useful as I'm usually looking at my computer's monitor, not my input devices monitor, but it does at least tell me what buttons are currently doing what.


This is my moderately mobile setup. I'm sitting at a coffee shop working on my Kinect Game's character setup and building a few placeholder assets in Maya. I'm using 2010 since 2011 is broken. Yep, an Alienware m11x2 i7 8GB ram 180GB ocz SSD (from newegg) Razer Mouse, the Space Pilot from 3D Connexion, and a latte at Sea Biscuit in the sunset dist in San Francisco.

These are good things.

Kinect game development is fun, actually, I wish I could do more here at a coffee shop, but I'll have to make do with things that don't directly involved the device. I'd like to see the Kinect Open Source PC driver linked to UDK through a DLL, but that might have to wait for a few more weeks till someone in the community makes it happen. (hopefully it's in progress now)

No comments:

Post a Comment

rxokita's shared items